Every journey begins with choosing a direction. Directions are important because they determine where we end up. In this series, we’ll explore questions of identity, value, wisdom and personal growth.
This Week’s Bottom Line: God wants to make you more like Jesus.
Small Group Questions:
- Share highs & lows from the week
- Ask someone to read Ephesians 5:1-9 again
- What were the two ways we talked about becoming more like God? (imitate God’s love and imitate God’s holiness)
- Consider taking time to write an encouraging note to someone during SG time as a way to imitate God’s love.
- Consider making plans for your small group to do Operation Christmas Child together.
- What does the word “holy” mean to you?
- What do you think it looks like to pursue holiness as a person?
- What sort of role does Bible reading play in your life? What would it look like to take a small step in that direction?
- Is there someone in your life who you are accountable to?
- SGL: consider offering yourself as someone to be accountable to. Or, if your group is ready, consider adding an accountability element to your weekly SG meeting.
- Ask each person to share one area they’d like the group to help them stay accountable.
- Announcements -
- Middle School Divorce Care: Students can register here! Divorce Care is a chance for Middle School students whose parents are divorced, separated, or in the process of doing so. The group will be led by a Licensed Professional Counselor from the Lifeline team, Alena Grieser. Throughout the five weeks, we hope students will better understand that they aren’t alone, that they are loved and cared for by God, and that their current family circumstances are not their fault. Most importantly, we hope students exit the five weeks with tools to help them navigate a changing family.
- This group is created for both middle school guys and girls. While this group is free, spots are limited.
- We will meet from 6:30-8:30pm every Tuesday for 5 weeks from October 9th to November 6.
- Group will be held at the East Paris Campus. And students can plan to come in the main office entrance.