We love and resonate with stories—literature and movies. God revealed Himself through story—through the Bible! Now, if the Bible is a story…what is the story? I mean, we know lots of the stories—David and Goliath, the birth of Jesus…but what’s THE story? That’s what this series is all about. Now you may be thinking, “Sheesh, this must be a complicated story, my Bible has over 1000 pages…” Actually, it’s not that complicated. I think we can tell the story in just 5 words.
Bottom Line: When Jesus comes again, everything will be made right.
Small Group Discussion:
- Recap the first 4 words of our 5 words series. What are they? What do they mean?
- Now that you know the 5th word of the series, could you tell the bigger story of the Bible, if someone asked?
- What are some of the ways that the Holy Spirit works in us? (i.e. He’s our comforter, counselor, advocate, convicter of sin, guide, teacher, truth-teller)
- Read and reflect on Galatians 5:22-23. Are you cooperating with the Holy Spirit’s work, allowing God to produce these qualities in your life?
- But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
- The Bible says that a day is coming when there will be no more death, crying, sorrow or pain. Share examples of what you’ll be glad to be rid of when Jesus comes again and makes everything right.
- What does it mean that we live in “the already, but not yet?”
- In what ways can you help restore things back to the way they ought to be—in your heart, in your mind, in your friendships, in your family, in your school, and in our world?
Spot The Difference
Picture two people that have an identical summer. These two did the exact same things, they went the same places, spent time with their favorite people and did their favorite things but at the end of the summer one had an amazing time and the other didn’t. So what’s the difference? What does it take to have a summer that’s great and what is it that makes a summer not so great?
Bottom Line: Our faith is never finished.
Small Group Discussion:
- What was your favorite part of Lifeline this year?
- Have you ever been unprepared for something important?
- What’s something you’ve gotten worse at by not practicing?
- What are some of the ways you grow your faith during the school year?
- What are some the ways you can grow your faith over the summer?
- How can you make these things a priority?
- Lifeline ends soon – Our 2018-2019 Lifeline year will be wrapping up soon! The last night of High School Lifeline is May 19th and Middle School will end on May 22nd